Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Cocktail of a Cupcake


Raspberry Vodka Cupcakes! Doesn't that just sound delicious? These cupcakes were heavenly and every single person that tried them LOVED them. I am in a sorority (Alpha Delta Pi) and my Little Sister's birthday was yesterday, so I made these cupcakes for her. The party was to celebrate both of my Little Sister's birthdays so I also made Snickerdoodle Cupcakes. (The picture below) I've made the snickerdoodle cupcakes tons of times and they are the favorite at home. As for the raspberry vodka cupcakes, this was my first time making them, but they turned out beautifully! The batter ended up being a strange color after you mix the raspberries in, but the cake still tasted great! I ended up putting purple edible glitter on top of the raspberry puree which made them even prettier! I used the Ateco number 808 tip and I didn't put icing in the middle of the cupcake so I could put the puree on top without it falling off. I asked everyone that tried it if I should do something different next time, and they all said it was perfect. Here's the recipe, Enjoy!
Ingredients
Raspberry Puree:
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Cupcakes:
3 cups white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup rasberry puree
4 tablespoons raspberry vodka
Frosting:
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons marscapone cheese
pink food coloring
4 tablespoons vodka
Preperation:
Prepare Raspberry Puree:
With a fork, crush raspberries together with powdered sugar and lemon juice until it is thick. Set aside.
1.) Preheat the oven to 325 and insert liners into cupcake pan
2.) In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt
3.) Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy(will become more pale in color)
4.) Add eggs one at a time until completely mixed
5.) Gradually add dry ingredients, raspberry puree, and vodka
6.) Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full
7.) Bake for 20-25 minutes
Prepare Icing:
1.) Cream butter, powdered sugar, and marscapone cheese until mixture is blended well.
2.) Add pink food coloring and vodka
-If the icing is too thin for your liking, add more powdered sugar, if it is too thick for your liking, add more vodka-
All you have to do now is eat and enjoy! Tootles!

2 comments:

  1. These were SO delish! Maybe to make the color of the cake part of the cupcake more appealing add some red and blue? It was kinda purpleish already so if you make it prettier purple no one will ever know! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sherilyn! That advice will help next time I make these!

    ReplyDelete